Queen's Park is Opened

The Queen’s House, the traditional home of the Gallery is located in and is part of the listed buildings on the UNESCO designation of a World Heritage site, ‘Bridgetown and its Historic Garrisons’. Queen’s Park opened as the only park in the city on June 9, 1909 by Lady Gilbert-Carter, wife of the Governor at the time. Lady Gilbert-Carter was responsible for the design of the Park as well as many interesting buildings such as Ilaro Court and the Empire Theatre.